The 21st Annual St. Mary Parish Student Art Show
March 16-April 13, 2018
1. Please ensure students adhere to entry guidelines.
2. If you teach on the West End, contact Mrs. Laurie Buteau at to make arrangements for delivery or pick up no later than March 12, 2018, or you may deliver your entries to the gallery when we set up on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
If you teach on the East End, you may deliver your entries to the gallery when we set up on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
3. A list of student entries using the form on page 2 from each teacher/school must be sent with the artwork.
4. Entries must remain hanging in the gallery until the end of the show on April 13, 2018.
5. Please report to the art gallery on our teacher in-service day on Thursday, March 15 from 12:30-2:30 for our Art “in-service”/show set up. Should you finish earlier with meetings at your school, please report to the gallery earlier in the day, if possible, so we can get the job done.
6. Judging will take place on from March 16-19, 2018.
7. Please remind winners to be on time for publicity group photographs at 6:00 P.M. on March 22, 2018. Winners will receive an invitation to the awards ceremony and reception.
8. ALL artwork must be picked up at the Artist Guild on April 13, 2018 for you to return to students.
The Rumpled Quilt Guild will be Joined by
The Cane Cutters Quilting Guild of Houma
for the annual Quilt show and Auction
Quilts will be on display at the Everett Street Gallery
July 25th thru Aug 11th 2018
Auction tickets will be $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00
Money from ticket sales is used to buy supplies for quilts to be made
for local charities.
"CompositionAnd Design for All Mediums" (3/9 - 3/11, 2018)
ACRYLIC, COLORED PENCIL, MIXED MEDIA, OIL, PASTEL, PENCIL, PHOTOGRAPHY, and WATERCOLORS
Presented by: Kathy Miller Stone
Kathy Stone will be at the Artists' Guild Unlimited on Everett Street, Morgan City
The workshop will be:
Friday, March 9th 2018, 6 pm to 8 pm
Saturday March 10th 2018, from 9 am to 4 pm
Sunday March 11th 2018, from 1 pm to 5 pm
Having won countless awards in National and International Shows and taken over 60
workshops in oil, watercolor, design and color,
Kathy can pass along many "Tips of the Trade". She will critique both older paintings and
newer creations. Students can paint their own designs which which we can tweak or
discuss tweaking :-). They may paint, draw or observe as they wish.
Kathy can also provide ideas about differentsubjects, including:
LANDSCAPES, ADULT'S AND CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS, ANIMALS & PETS, BUILDINGS, STILL LIFES, AND ABSTRACTS
For prices and info email Kathy Stone: ">
Or AGU member Karen Spinella: ">
The Rumpled Quilt Guild
will have their quilts on display at the Everett Street Gallery On July 25th thru Aug 11th 2018
more infromation to come.